View Single Post
Old 2010-08-25, 12:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayjr4484 View Post
Oh .........IC dont go out of your way if its not a common thing. Trying to figure out how I will keep my oxy tanks filled while Im on the road. Does any one have a solution for that.
I can read your question two ways:

1) I have a mobile studio in my car/truck/trailer/rv, and want a way to fill my oxygen tanks while moving from one place to another. Or,

2) I have a studio at home, and want a way to fill my oxygen tanks when I'm away from my studio.

To fill an oxygen tank, you need two things: an oxygen source, and a compressor. There are a couple of solutions out there that could work ...

* There is a small machine that is used to fill small oxygen cylinders used for medical home use. It is commonly known under the HomeFill brand name. And, like most of our oxygen concentrators, this machine has been reconditioned and repurposed for use in a glass studio. Combine this with an oxygen concentrator, you can indeed refill your oxygen tank. The problem with this system is that it takes about 36 hours to fill a standard K tank.

* Another solution is: Why do we need to fill a tank to 2200 psi? If we can build a system that can keep a tank filled to, say, 100 psi (more than most glass studios would ever need), that's all we need. There are several artists that have build their own 'on demand' 100 psi oxygen system. It consists of an oxygen source (one or more oxygen concentrators), an oxygen safe compressor, and a clean 100 psi holding tank.

If you have a mobile studio, trying to fill your oxygen tanks "while you are on the road" is probably neither safe nor practical. In addition to the continuous need for electricity, do you really want to be trying to fill 2200 psi tanks while driving?

And, on the other hand, do you really want to leave a 2200 psi system running at home, unattended?

An on-demand 100 psi system is much more reasonable, either for a home studio or a mobile studio. But, this is not an 'off the shelf' solution: you'd have to build your one. And, you'd have to pay close attention to the cleanliness of all the components in the system.

HTH

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978