View Single Post
Old 2008-08-02, 5:40pm

Forgive me, but could somebody backtrack for me? I'm confused with the original scenario, and then some of the stuff said after...

1.) Is the propane tank described in the first post separate from the bulk tank of, I'm assuming, MAPP gas being used for beadmaking with the HH? So the propane tank was leaking and it caused the explosion?

2.) If MAPP gas is discontinued, or will be, what should folks use with a HH?

3.) Also, isn't a HH an internal mix torch or whatever it's called, vs. say a minor which is surface mix? Wouldn't that have something to do with the need for flashback arrestors?

4.) Can a regulator be used on a bulk tank of fuel used with a HH, or must it flow out at that pressure?

Sorry if this is a rehash, but it seems confusing to me, and I want to understand it completely.

Best,
Patti
In fact, the ability to start out upon your own impulse is fundamental to the gift of keeping going upon your own terms, not to mention the further and more fulfilling gift of getting started all over again -- never resting upon the oars of success or in the doldrums of disappointment....Getting started, keeping going, getting started again -- in art and in life, it seems to me this is the essential rhythm.... --Seamus Heaney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.