View Single Post
Old 2010-10-14, 9:38am

Mary,

I agree with you! A printable page would be most excellent. And I, in all honesty, have to admit that one or two of the tutorials I bought, I am sorry for, but not as much as the $80 skinny jeans in my closet that I can no longer sqeeze into!! Sometimes a tutorial sounds like it may have a process that I want to know, and I impulsively jump in. My problem, no one elses!!

But printing only essentials would be great!! I stopped printing the cover and Inspiration pages. As pretty as they are, I just have to enjoy them on the computer. I have begun to reformat pages, keeping only the photos I think I need, and eliminating unecessary spaces, page returns, etc. They aren't as pretty to look at, but cut way back on my ink costs. I also have a new printer that duplexes the pages so I have cut back on paper by half. I feel so green! Anyway, with all the changes, I put in, sometimes I just feel that I wish I could just buy a book!!! THAT's what started this whole thing. but, because the boundaries shift on proper tutorial etiquette I think it is a very hot button for alot of people, and that's why I think the discussions have merit.

My skin is pretty thick, but sometimes when the hair on my arms starts to singe, I get a bit defensive. Sorry if I snapped at you! I really do value your input! I hope that the suggestions of "print pages", Lulu publishing, etc. will be read by those who are just now creating new tutorials!!

It is torch time! See you later!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Melodie, ok I understand. I guess I just got a feeling that you were looking at your binder and taking a mental tally. Like if you have 15 tutorials in there, at (round number) $20 each...that book DID cost a pretty penny. LOL I know you liked all the tutorials you bought, but that you think all combined the price was higher than what they are worth. I guess that is where I got my idea that you were sorry you purchased some of them. Maybe it isn't that you need to be picky about which ones you buy---just which pages you print. LOL

There have been several mentions (in other threads) about offering a new format for the digital tutorials that have one or two 'for print' pages that have shortened text and images of tricky steps that can be used AT the torch and don't take up as much table space or ink/paper to print. I think it's a wonderful idea. Offer the full length tutorial for reading and learning- then have a quicky printable sheet with the major points featured. It would be both economical AND practical. It would help with your issue immensely. I hope we start seeing that a lot with new tutorials.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com