View Single Post
Old 2011-01-15, 4:08pm
picking Job's Tears

(Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician, just a physicist)

You can do several things, two some immediately to mind (and if you're not comfortable dealing with it you may be able to find somebody in the family or neighborhood who is)

- cut the cord where it's damaged and put a new plug on there. You may need a heavy duty extension cord if it's too short. (I don't know how much current oxycons run so I can't tell you how heavy duty an extension cord you'd need, but you can get them at any hardware or big box store)

- cut the cord where it's damaged and cut the frayed bits off and put the ends back together (obviously make sure that the different wires can't make contact), twist the ends together and secure with electrical tape for a minimum.

HTH,
Maren
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln