View Single Post
Old 2017-12-10, 3:36am
Phill

If you search the forum about Devardi you will find a lot of discussion about it.

Some good, some bad.

I find that Devardi is quite a bit stiffer than other soft glass and it can get even stiffer as it is heated and reheated in the flame while you try to get it to do what you want it to.

And that is only the Devardi that does not crack and pop off the rod while you are trying to bring it up to melting temperature.

A lot of it can be very shocky and some explosively so.

It can be very frustrating especially if you are new to our addiction of melting glass.

The price is certainly inviting and the colors are beautiful but the consistency can be unpredictable and it is not as forgiving as soft glass from most other makers.

It was a great investment for me to play with while I trained my body at the torch bench and I did not feel "like I was ruining all this expensive glass" while I figured out which end was up with all the details of how to melt glass and create my ideas in actual physical hot glass.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions.

I suggest you search with multi-word phrases "within quotation marks" or else you can wind up with a gazillion answers for. every. single. word. Those take a long time to sort through.