View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 5:41pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

Birdy, I agree with you completely that a tutorial should list everything needed before you purchase it and I would be just as angry as you, but not in this instance.

It seems that you might be a relative newbie to some of the more senior members to this board, and I'm not stating that as a fault but rather as an observation from your post counts. I'm saying this because I'm sure, as many of the other posters in this thread have, that the authors of these tuts would never want to cause you this distress and would have been happy if you contacted them with your concerns.

You know, I could absolutely see myself getting caught up in wanting to write a perfect tutorial, taking excellent pictures and writing the content so that it was easy for everyone to understand and then not even thinking about mentioning the different types of glass needed. Whether it was me not thinking to do it or because I just assumed that people would know that I worked with different types of glass, I really could see myself doing it and would be thrilled for someone to point it out to me.

I hope you get this worked out and if you would like, I can send you some of the glass that you need to try the beads. I did stained glass for 20 years and have all the spectrum you might like and probably the other colors as well.