View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 9:36am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrix92 View Post
Kristina,
Sorry about the lag, I have been so busy at work.
I have talked to Natasha, I have to say they have the BEST customer service, she is taking care of it.
The crack is near the front of the unit running to about mid way back. Almost exactly where the first one was. That's why I thought it must have been something I did. I don't think it is electrical, I have it on a surge protecter, EVERYthing in my house is on surge protectors because I live out in the country. The unit is under my vent hood because the smell when I started it scared me (I thought it was on fire), there are no drafts directly on the unit. The smell went away and the unit stayed very hot. When I finished working for the day, I noticed that there was a large crack in the lining. With the first unit, as it was warming up I heard it go tink and then noticed the crack. I turned it off and didn't use it again. Thank you for trying to help me figure it out.

Rod Warmers do get around 800-900 degrees, so they are beyond hot. An oven at 425 is pretty hot and that's half way there. That's why a Rod Warmer does such a great job pre-warming. Please let us know if you get an answer on the cause. I wonder if some of the ceramic liners are to thin or have an air bubble inside to cause the stress?