View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 6:53am
Melts Under Fire

Well, I learned something new this morning - be careful with the glass - I probably would not encase Effetre glass with Devardi again. I spent quite a bit of time on this fish bead to have it go "crack, crack, crackity crack" right in my hands. This is unmarked Devardi transparent pink over Effetre white and decorated with effetre Transparent dark amethyst.

Not sure if you can see in the pics - but the cracks are only in the pink - they do not travel into the purple fins or the red lips at all - they just go under it.

I learned that when working with Devardi glass - I should keep it all Devardi - especially when encasing.

I also fee that everyone has the right to express the good, the bad and the ugly experiences with glass - no matter what brand. The point of this thread is to share experiences and help others with difficulties. How can you help, if everyone is afraid to post something negative????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.