View Single Post
Old 2008-08-17, 7:49am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
That is gorgeous, Steve! Good luck, Mary! I'm thinking that threading the hose through the peep hole should work. Loren did say you could use the stump sucker in the kiln by drilling a hole. I'm thinking you might need to reposition your kiln so you can get to the hose if you try this.

If you go the route of heating your inclusion with a torch are you going to use something like a little torch for that? That's what we used in class. We had one person heating the inclusion, one person melting the clear and another sucking. It's quite a production!
Yes, I have a tiny little torch. I hope it works. I didn't have a Y or manifold to split my propane tank for two torches, and don't want to invest in that until I see if I like doing this type of work. I bought a $30 butane hand torch that I hope will get the set up hot enough to prep it. The flame gets up to 2 inches long on it, but I haven't tried it on any glass yet.

As for building the set up itself...I was intending to turn my minor down as sharp as I can get it and see what happens. I'm just trying to get my feet wet and see how I feel about it.

Steve, that is beautiful work. You are an inspiration for sure! You've been a huge help to me ever since I started. I made my very first twisty working along with your tutorial..wow that sure feels like a long time ago.

Scoutycat, thanks for the update. It appears I have several options to try out here and see what works best for me.

I am hoping to give this a whirl tomorrow morning...but anything could happen.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.