Thread: dots
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-12, 10:57pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Some pictures would help, there are a lot of possibilities.

Are you talking about raised dots or melted in dots?

My guess would be that both your base bead and your stringer may be too hot when you are applying the dot. You actually want them both to be fairly cool, and warm the stringer in the outside edge of the flame (just beyond where you can actually see flame). Quickly touch down and melt off. Apply your dot perpendicular to your mandrel, or at a 90 degree angle from the bead. Then wash you bead in the flame to make sure it adheres and the bead doesn't get to cool. Also, if you want a bunch of dots to be the same size, try applying them all, then melting them all in. Sometimes a previously melted in dot will spread out more if you are melting in neighboring dot.

Teague

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

< - Click for Etsy Shop