View Single Post
Old 2018-09-12, 5:26pm

Update Time:

I bought the blower motor today and began construction of the hood. I marked out the center. Cut a hole in dead center and then inserted the suction portion of the blower into the hole I cut just to do a dry fit. It works decent without being complete and obviously is no where the actual CFM due to not being completely connected.

The Blower:

Starting Work:

Hole Cut:

Assembled:

Oh and I completely forgot about potential noise from the motor. It was quite loud when on. I used an app on my phone to check dB.

Gonna need to get some comfy soundblocker's

I also had to buy some drill bits to start a hole to cut the hood with.

Today I spent $183.15 on the blower and a set of cheap drill bits. I found a 20% off coupon to buy everything with .

Running Total: $1739.81

Tomorrow my goal is to open the window and cut my 2x4's into lengths that will prop the bottom sash of the window open. I am then going to seal a board over the window and cut a hole to run the hose through to the outside. I am also going to work on using aluminium tape to seal off the area inside the hood around the hole I cut.

I will also go ahead and drill the holes to put the hardware on (need to still buy) the hood so I can hang it from the rafters.

If I get through all that then (probably won't) Friday is hang day for the hood and testing with flex duct. If I get good results that are near where I want to be then I am going to start measuring to get static metal smooth ducting to replace the cheap stuff.

Next week is the oxy/propane setup

Last edited by Destonomos; 2018-09-12 at 5:34pm.