View Single Post
Old 2011-08-26, 2:53am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Well Deb, I downloaded 2010, and it is still opening in the Office trial version. I can't find it to delete. I will just go for it until the trial runs out.

Thanks for all your help.
ok, finally got an answer back from Microsoft - yes really!! and you thougth it was just a huge machine somewhere in a basement

Quote:
Question
access runtime not compatible with 2007
Answer
You should be able to have Access 2007 and Access 2010 runtime on the same machine. The problem you will see is if Access 2007 was the last application open, whenever you try and open a database file, it will try and open it in Access 2007. To get Access 2010 to open, you will need to ensure you launch the Access 2010 version of msaccess.exe. This will then configure Access 2010 and it should then open. When you created the shortcut for your application, did you just include the path to the database file? The reason I ask is because if you want to ensure you open a specific version of Access, you should be able to put the path to msaccess.exe in your shortcut followed by the path to the database file you want to open. Doing this will ensure you open the proper version of Access. With that being said, you will want to ensure your users don’t have multiple versions of Access open at the same time, since this may cause other problems.
the answer to their question is no, i didnt include a path to the database file, how on earth can i do that when i have no control over where people install the file but anyway, go look for msaccess.exe and launch it, that apparently will configure 2010 to open first

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-08-26 at 2:55am.