View Single Post
Old 2006-09-21, 5:29am

Andrea, I looked closely at the D200 but decided that the D80 beat it in the "feel-good-on-the-hand" factor. The D80 is a little cozy sweetie-pie!

Like you, I also heard that the D200 kit included that heavenly 18-200mm lens! You didn't get the kit and now you are on a waiting list like the rest of us??!! Heck, I was going to quiz you and Whit on how you liked that lens, on the assumption that you got it in your D200 kit. Dang!

Here is the latest from the camera shop here in town: "We have a waiting list company-wide of approximately 300 names for that lens. Pre-paid orders get filled first, which constitute about 60 or so at this moment. Even pre-paid orders are taking on the order of 4 to 6 weeks to fill."

I'm deciding if I want to park $700 with them for two months in order to get on the waiting list. Hmmmmm.

What lens do you and Whit use for your bead photos? I also looked at the 17-55mm f/2.8, which is quite a wonderful lens as well. Is that the one he uses?

Kevan -- What makes that new tele good for whale watching is the vibration reduction feature. Pretty jazzy, eh?

JanMD