View Single Post
Old 2008-06-13, 5:11pm
RaymondMillbrae

Alex,

I have mentioned that to my DWP as well. (About NOT needing arm and back rests). And she seems to agree with me. She also agreed that 90% of the time she is leaning forward and practicing good back posture.

From my military experience, you don't want to be TOO comfortable in a work environment. Being TOO comfortable gives you too much opportunity to relax and let your guard down - which is how/when accidents happen.

As an extreme example: It the old days, folks would work manufacturing explosives. (Dynamite). And in order for the workers not to fall asleep while handling the explosives, the employers would supply the employees with unique chairs. They were basically an upside-down cone. You sat on the flat part, and the pointed part was on the floor while you balanced on it. No falling asleep on the job there!!

Along the same lines, I don't think she should get TOO comfortable. But ultimately, it's up to her. She will be making this decision...after listening to all my "pro's and con's" on the matter.

As for being "mobile" vs "stationary". It's also up in the air. The bench will not be too tall, and my wife is slim and active. She should have no problem getting out of the way if something should motivate her to do so.

Thanks!!!!!

In Christ: Raymond