View Single Post
Old 2011-06-15, 6:24am

Hi ladies..it says that I am a Senior Member.Well..since I just turned 61 this past Sunday,i believe I may be the Senior member of this little group Correct me if I am wrong.Devardi Glass came out in late 2009..I think.I became a member in 2010 and accidentally came across DV glass in early 2010.We really have not had years of working experience and testing the glass and I believe sometimes when we order we have a surprise now and then..just as we have with well established companies we also deal with since I know none of us use Devardi exclusively.It would not make sense to limit ourselves to one glass when Devardi cannot give us all COEs..all colors..silver glass galore..etc.I believe they never intended to do that and to see them branching out into new and fun tools,frits and many other glass using accessories is a great move for them and gives them more validity that they can compete with other companies and not hang their heads because some of their glass is difficult to have patience to work with.Again..other companies have those certain glasses that we have had problems with.
It would be foolish to think that Mountain Snail is covertly working for another company when she obviously praises some of the products.I do remember my very first Devardi order.I had been buying glass from many other companies but when I saw the DV colors and prices..I couldn't resist.This is when they had very limited glass accessories..a few tools but good video tutorials.I will admit that I was surprised by the wonkyness of the glass and ,forgive me Natasha cause I know you know I love you,I said to myself-practice glass and I was not that disappointed because I DID need practice!.I was using what I thought was a HH torch but later found out it was like a plumbers torch but with a head somewhere in size between a plumbers torch and a HH.Not a lot of heat.I did not have too much trouble with shockiness then.I had a butterscotch that melted like butter..some of the other colors would throw off a sliver now and then but I have severe RA in my hand and don't torch nearly as often as you all..probably 25 percent of the time as you torch.I have not progressed into a wonderful beadmaker and it is frustrating to me that I was not introduced to this craft when my hands were perfect because I have always perfected every other art or craft I have tried.
Lets cut to the chase.I bought my glass before I saw the tips and tecniques thread so I went back and read those first 30 or so pages.They dripped with hate,skeptism..verbal abuse and every other bad thing I can think of.it was horrible.If you are a new user of Devardi.I can't say it would be useful to get tips there but if you want to see bashing its a happening thread.
Mountain Snail..you had some bad glasses that you could not work with.You were willing to try the tips from others.They didn't work out for you and you admitted that you would probably not use the glass but were very happy with the other products you purchased and complimented the customer service.I believe you will be a Devardi customer in one fashion or another and you should be able to come here for tips on those products that you do purchase from them.I am not around as often as I was..last year was a hand surgery for me so my actual experience with DV glass is certainly limited because of that but the colors and the fact that when I buy,I buy in large quantities,makes me feel I can come here and if I have not said it before.I do have problems with cracking with certain colors.I believe I could hold up a rod of salmon in front of my face and just say "hot" and it would crack in half.I adore that color but for the life of me..I can't work with it.Am I bashing by saying some colors and I don't get along?I don't think I am bashing at all.Give me some help here..I want to use that salmon and I want to use some pinks that crack.I would never bash the company..There is a place in our economy for glasses of all prices.If you can afford and only want the most expensive..then by all means buy it.I started on Effetre and have ordered from Mike Frantz..I am not promoting anything.I go where the sales are.I go where the special color I want is..I always go where there is great customer service cause some places just plain stink that way.
Lets not start anything prematurely.Kristina..you and I were LE girls starting at the same time just about.I watched you grow from little critters to some really beautiful beads.I remember you liked Devardi because of its great sculpturabilities...wow..big word..lol..but I also saw a girl with a serious interest in questioning anything glass.You have gone way beyond me in talent but lets remember all the questions..all the failed tries and dusting ourselves off and licking our cuts and wounds.You are a very motivated person.I am not so motivated.If I can't get something to work after reasonable tries..then I move on to what I can do and gives me pleasure.So...if a few colors that crack and shatter do it a few times ..then I just won't use them and will go for the more workability ones..and Devardi has a lot of them.
Please..lets not go back to the old days.Daniel and Natasha don't need another row to put them back in the public forum of bashing when they have come so far and are still trying to get those cracking issues resolved.
If I have offended anyone here,I apologize.But I will still come and ask..as I have always done unless I am asked not to.
Have a good day all,
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.