View Single Post
Old 2007-11-13, 12:58pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinDesigns View Post
I have a question about the funnel. I move the position of my torch up or down depending on the application. Wouldn't you need a large opening to accomodate the torch range?

Am I the only one who changes torch positions? I am seriously looking into better ventilation myself.
It depends on how you work, the funnel is going to only be about 12" from the end of my torch, so even if I adjust the angle, it will still likely hit the inside of the funnel, if not I will add a 8" to 10" adapter onto the end of my 6-8" adaptor ("funnel"). I intend to make my system completely mobile as I move alot, currently live in a rented apartment and cannot put in a fixed system. I am waiting for an adapter to arrive in the mail to get my setup installed, but should be able to post a photo next week.

Lucio has his on flexible alluminum ducting, and uses square funnels which are stood up on an easle (or music stand) kinda thing so that the students can adjust the funnel on the bench as they like. I am thinking that a galvanized square planter box from Ikea may make a nice funnel intake if one feels like getting industrious by cutting holes in metal.