View Single Post
Old 2013-07-19, 2:17pm

Default Flower pendant tutorial

Hey everyone. I wanted to share a tutorial I wrote about in my blog today. I'll give you a snippet and then a link so you can read the rest

Process of making a flower pendant: Tutorial

When I started making glass I was confused as to how different flowers were made. Through research I found out that flowers are simply dots and lines. Those lines can be curved or squiggled. I also learned recently about adding an indention on the ends or using a knife or razor to add a crease in the curve which will cause a shadow in the leaf/flower petal and with some colors make it look like a different color in the crease.

This subject of flower making however tends to be very hush hush in the glass world. This makes me sad because there are many times I see a flower that I would love to try, but have no friggin idea how its done. Thankfully I'm persistent and was able to locate some forum posts that talked about some flower and they used diagrams. This makes it a lot easier to learn and then try new things as you start to understand how things work.

Read the rest here
Attached Images