View Single Post
Old 2008-01-22, 12:42pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

The National I'm using is very quiet, and the flame is very steady and fairly gentle. The knobs are finicky, a little accidental bump and the flame changes. However, after about 15 minutes I had gotten the feel for it, it reminds me of driving cars...Some cars have loose steering and require a larger arc to turn, some have really tight steering and just need a little nudge. The National needs just a little nudge. I did have the POP! occur at first when lighting the torch because I was adding the oxy too fast. That hasn't happened since I became accustomed to the torch. It only happened when lighting...never while I was working.

With all that being said, I also like the Nortel torches quite a bit. I got the opportunity to try the Red Rocket this weekend. Nice HOT torch! I think it's overkill for soft glass, but if you're mostly doing boro it would be awesome. I also like the Mid-range and the RedMax. The smaller torch on top is a feature that a lot of boro peeps like, if you get a premix top, you have a built in cutting flame without having to adjust your working flame below.

Different strokes...

Malcolm, I'm curious about the National with torch on top...Can they be added after the fact? Is the flame size similar to a Minor?

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.