View Single Post
Old 2009-07-26, 7:50am
Striking-impared...

I worked with some more colors yesterday. The butterscotch was disappointing -- a LOT of devit. Has anyone else run into this? It was bad enough that the bead will have to be etched. If no one else has run into the devit, maybe I just have a bad rod or lot. Otherwise I will have to work it way, way out in the flame. Or encase it with clear and pull it as a thick stringer (like I do with EDP).

Olive green was a dream to work with. After the initial shock and flying glass, it behaved very well. I made filigrana of sorts with it (cased it over white) and it's lovely.

The transparent red is absolutely gorgeous! A real red, like what you get in a box of crayons and it behaved beautifully. Didn't need to strike it

Some of my rods are really thick (10-12mm), some are normal sized (4-6mm). So far for me, the thicker rods have been the shockier, which I kind of expect. I think if I can ever get champagne rose to behave, I'll pull out thinner rods. And I still have some of the original Amber Rose from a few years back, and the champagne rose is a dead ringer, side by side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.