View Single Post
Old 2006-01-17, 4:52pm
Anna Duhame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBeads
Hello Jan,

thanks for your post. I know this tutorial, it is really great. But to do the same thing on an beadsurface is something different. I tried to do it like Anna told me and it functions. But, there must be a better way to do it. I know beads of asian artist, where the jellyfish-body looks much more "exact", you know? I'll think I have to try more...

Is this a little better?

Try making a striped cane with transparent colors...kind of like an iris cane. First make a dot of white on your bead...then top with the striped cane...if you kind of push outward as you are adding the striped cane it will kind of flare a little and look more realistic. I think some of the asian artists may be using a murine...I didn't feel like dealing with that, but it would give you more detail. When you stick in your tentacle cane stick in and up a little to get the body to dome. It you want to see into the jellyfish is bit more stick the tentacle can more into the body instead of right below...kind of gives you an effect as if you are looking into it.

I don't know how anyone else does their bodies, but this is what works for me and I am very satisfied with the results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.