Thread: GTT Sidewinder
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-21, 7:50am

Mary,

I own a sidewinder and a scorpion. I love them both. I use them on 3 concentrators.
I like my sidewinder a little better then the scorpion, but for small things. I don't find much of a difference in the two when I have the outer ring open. Since the 3 concentrators are giving me all the O2 they have to give, the flames are about the same, as crazy as that sounds. I think you need tanks to really get the sidewinder to be powerful. Maybe a 4th concentrator?

The reason I am using the sidewinder is because the inner is just a little bigger for wide beads in soft glass. When I make an implosion I also like the inner to be a little more powerful. When I open the outer ring on both torches, they seem like the same flame while working. I need more O2 to make the sidewinder work to full capacity. It is maybe working at 50% on 2 M20's and an M15. I first tried this torch at corning on tanks.

They are both fantastic torches!!! They work so much better then the Cheetah I have. The Cheetah does not work well on concentrators when you compare it to the scorpion.

Message me if you want to talk about both torches. I would be happy to explain in detail what I mean so you can determine what might work for you. I too love my GTT torches.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]