View Single Post
Old 2010-01-05, 4:37pm

Default Baleen Bead-Michael Barley

Hi,

Word on the street is that the new tutorial for Michael Barley's Baleen Bead will be coming out soon. I've been intending to put this together for a couple of years. I guess I'm kind of slow. There's a saying that when life hands you lemons, you should make lemonade. Well, that's what life did. Thanksgiving weekend I broke my arm. Since I couldn't make beads for a month, I took the time to finish the tutorial. I had already taken the pictures a long time ago. I just needed the time to sit down long enough to put the steps into words. I'm planning to offer it for sale on my Etsy store right after I get home from teaching in Austin around January 21 or so.

But, if you want a chance to get an advance copy of this tutorial, you can enter a drawing to win a copy. Here's all that you have to do. Make a donation to the Center Valley Animal Rescue. It's a no kill animal shelter that is run by an amazing woman named Sara and a host of volunteers. We met Sara many years ago when she started working as an assistant to our vet. In the beginning, it was Sara and her boyfriend who started taking in unwanted animals. After working all day at the vet's, she went home to her other full time job taking care of the animals. Over the years, volunteers started showing up to help. She still works at the vet office but with help from volunteers and donations, the CVAR has expanded into a non-profit, 501C3 organization, so all donations are tax deductible. Here's a link to the website: http://www.centervalleyanimalrescue.org/index.html

Here's the deal to win an advance copy of the Baleen bead tutorial. Make a donation to the Center Valley Animal Rescue. For each dollar that you donate to Center Valley Animal Rescue, you will get one ticket and a chance to win. Donate $5.00 and you get five tickets. Make your donation directly to CVAR via paypal(there's a paypal link on their website). After you have made your donation, email me letting me know how many tickets I should fill in with your name. Remember, dollars add up. If a hundred people give a dollar each, $100 will buy a lot of cat food. Here's the link: http://www.centervalleyanimalrescue.org/index.html

But wait! There's more! Donate now and in addition to a copy of the tutorial, you will win the actual bead that was made following the directions in the tutorial. See the attached picture below.

But that's not all! Not only will you win the tutorial and the bead, but Andrea Guarino is offering a copy of her tutorial for making her beautiful Moth Wing bead. Now how can you pass up a deal like that?! So click on the link to Center Valley Animal Rescue right now,http://www.centervalleyanimalrescue.org/index.html ,make your donation of any amount and then email me letting me know how many tickets you want. This offer won't last forever. The deadline to be included in drawing is at midnight on January 19. Drawing will be held on January 20. Andrea will draw the winning name and I'll contact the winner directly. Good luck!

Thank you very much.

Michael

www.barleybeads.com