View Single Post
Old 2005-09-02, 10:25pm
NW Oregon

Default Seahorse Twisty Tutorial

I had the wonderful opportunity to see Kimberly make twisties AND a sea horse at Frantz Glass earlier this year. I have been using her way of making twisties ever since then. It is quick. I just started lampworking in January; I still don't get consistant diameter pieces but it is fun to try.

Here is what I have noticed when I use the twisties: I get all finished putting them on a bead and realize that they are no longer twisted. I end up with straight lines!!! I'm so intent on [attempting] stringer control that I can't seem to prevent this from happening. It's almost like I need to twist the twisty while I am applying it. Does anyone else have this trouble? Suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, after reading this thread, I did attempt to make seahorses. Last night they looked pretty good. This evening they are not as great looking as I thought. And...I only did it as a challenge for myself....even if I made a great one I would never try to sell it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jennifer
Highland Beads