View Single Post
Old 2013-06-09, 4:20am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedslug View Post
I can not Thank You enough for putting this information on a sticky. I was the saftey guy in the Navy and I still took the manufacturers word for how safe this stuff is. DOH!, as Hommer Simpson would say. I had not bought any yet, but I was going to 'till today. This the excuse I need to go ahead and get a good rock tumbler and the abrasive kits for it. It will take a few days rather than a few hours I assume but will be worth it in the long run. Besides that, now I could tumble the pretty stones I find.
I wonder if portland cement has enough lime in it to serve as a quench for this HF Acid. I have a half a bag of that left from some project or other. I was thinking of using that to neutralize the muriatic acid left from some brick projects. I seem to remember that cement is made from baked limestone, but the mind does funny things as one grows older. Phill.
I'm glad you found the info, newbies are the exact reason I put it up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy