View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 7:43am
Salt Box Beads

Yes, the music was putting me off also. At first glance the website was showcasing you, your thoughts, ideas etc. I usually leave those websites if I have to get past that to see beads or jewelry.

I would have liked to see large clear photos of beads first, then jewelry. If I like what I see ( captivated or drawn in) then I actually start shopping. After shopping then I look for the about me page to find out more about the artist. It doesn't work for me the other way around. I am only interested in beads to start with when I arrive at a site. If I don't get those immediately I quickly move on mainly because there are so many sites to browse.

The other thing was the neutrality of the background colors, even the beads and jewelry were very organic. I love colors, they draw me in and I am much more likely to stay and browse a bright colorful cheerful website.

Interesting backgrounds can really help organics, even colored borders for the photos in lime, hot pink, lilac etc. would have done a lot to draw me in I think. As it was I wasn't captivated enough to click on anything to have a better look.

But I am only one person, and may be the only one that thinks this way.

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2013-05-24 at 7:47am.