View Single Post
Old 2014-12-03, 4:57am

I used Effetre 006 on a hothead as my main clear (along with others, also CiM clear and Lauscha soft clear) - I'm not sure I'd recommend going straight for the DH clears at the start. If you are making big encased beads and getting frustrated by the occasional trapped bubble, sure, but even the DH seconds are significantly more expensive, and 006 is generally good, so...

You could also do some encasing with very pale transparents, pale blue or purple.

The uniform greying in that stripe of clear is weird. It does kinda look like it might be more metal-rich glass, and you're bringing that to the surface. It isn't even streaky. Clean those rods anyway, but they mgiht be something else. (If you look down the ends of rods of clear into sunlight they often have a slight colour cast. You could see if your grey ones have any differences that way that would let you separate them out).

The one time I got sooting up of clear on my HH was when I'd got something like mica dust all over my workspace. Even though the rods looked clean, they weren't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|