View Single Post
Old 2016-09-29, 5:47pm
Slogan Challenged...

Depends what kind of red. I had a similar experience once, where a customer wanted some older red beads with raku. I couldn't for the life of me do them where they were not black. I think low heat is key. I have also tried red transparent but I think the best might be to encase the reds, which I haven't tried yet but clearly would work the best.

Otherwise, I think i had the most luck with Eff. Light red, and roll in the frit after shaping, at the very last minute and just heating it in. You might also try Gaffer "raku" Chalcedony frit. I didn't have that at the time and it is not as brown/taupe, but I find it to be less reactive than iris orange. HTH

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy: