View Single Post
Old 2017-05-18, 5:09pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I gave graduated from 3 different torches over the years. My 4th torch is the Scorpion hooked up to natural gas and at the same time I bought an M20. I'm so happy with this set up. I work hot so I use both flames concurrently. I can work faster that way. I preheat my shocky rods always as with my torch being set up to run this that a lot of rods would turn to frit. They designed the Scorpion particularly to do great with NG. I know their expensive. I paid around $750 for a used one with the option for a foot pedal. I didn't get the foot pedal for the extra money. I figured I'm not use to having one so I won't miss it. I pit up a request in LE' S garage to see if anyone was willing to sell theirs. I got someone willing to sell me theirs. However, I was worried until the day I received it. I did check him out in a lot of places. The money I used was saved up from bead sales as well as the oxycon. The guy was slow about putting it into the mail and I was persistent. He was probably super busy like he said he was, but I could hardly wait to get it and when he wasn't putting it in the mail the same day or the next day, but turned out to be a week, I was feeling like I had been taken. There is a better way for you both to get your merchandise, when you don't want to worry about someone ripping you off. I forget what it's called but the mailman will ask for the money and you sign that the merchandise was received. Please make sure you open the box before you do to make sure what you purchased was inside. So my torches were of course hot head, Nortel Minor, pirannha, and now a Scorpion. I ran the I ran the hot head on a 5lpm oxycon and propane, Nortel Minor with 5lpm and natural gas (it's slower, but only a couple of hours to get use to it). Then I got the Pirranha and added another concentrator so I had two 5 lpm's with a y line that attached to my concentrator as one. I loved it and worked with set up for years. I was happy with that set up for a good number of years. When the Scorpion came out and I read it was made to work the best out of natural gas, I wanted it. I've been satisfied with it for 4 years now. I do have all my torches and just had a 60th birthday and was thinking I should start getting rid of some things. If interested in purchasing for $125, let me know. I've been a member here for a very long time. I've had back and knee issues for 10 years. Just got operations for them and am finally feeling better. I was selling up until October, 2016, when I had to quit due to a pinched nerve that pinched me all the way from my back and traveled through every section of the right side of body. I spent two weeks in the hospital because the pain was unbearable. It took them 2.5 months from the release i November to bevl able to schedule my back surgery. I'm now recuperating from my knee surgery, which was done 1.5 weeks ago.

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.