View Single Post
Old 2011-08-01, 5:19am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
This was the trip of my lifetime. I loved it so much and was just reminiscing this weekend at the Gathering with one of my Murano fellow classmates.
Muaa to you, Marcy! I am so bummed I could not be there to share i the reminiscing with you...... It was funny I got quick messages back from several of you as I put a shout out for some advise of what to tell Donna and others here, sort of what to plan money wise and advise wise for these trips. So was missing all of you!!!

As I thought about it more, I seem to remember, I bring about $700US with me (more if I can), and sometimes even don't manage to spend it all. This allowance is for food and shopping and my trips tend to be 10 days to two weeks in general. Of course, if you are going to hit the Dona shop heavy, then plan on more....they don't take American Express there (actually, not any place I have shopped at in Venice likes AmEX to be honest )

My Carta Venezia is only 28 euro (as I already have the basic card, and only need to by the montly pass each trip), so 28 euro of unlimited moving about the islands is AWESOME!! Otherwise, you can buy weekend passes to get you by for touring about in Venice and Burano, Torcello etc.

I bring my Master or Visa card with for "emergency boutique shopping" at the end of my trip for things I "MUST HAVE", and of course, they also accept it at the local grocery shops, Coop.

Doing the frugal tips of simple things to bring with you to help spread that money around, really do go a long way! I tell you, cereal, oat meal packets, yogurt, farm fresh eggs.....and of course peanut butter as staples help supply you with surpluss funds to go out and "taste test" all the local samples of TIRAMISU money can buy!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.