View Single Post
Old 2007-06-14, 9:02pm
Bohemian Bead Peddler

Hi,
I have the same problem with my ventilation system. I'm the "Mike, Dale, Ferris Buhler..." post that's been floating around in this Safety section of the site. I was wondering about putting a baffle of aluminum around the back and sides. I think my problem is that I hang my head way too far over the torch and I suck up the gunk. My fan works like a mo'fo! We even lit a papertowel and the fan sucked so hard it wouldn't catch on fire, just sucked the flame right out. It does the same thing with my matches when I light the torch.
Did you see on one of the posts on the thread I started where Dale said we shouldn't have space between the back of the table & the wall? He suggested that perhaps the excess exhaust fumes - essentially - fall down onto the floor and are sucked back up over my head. And that makes sense, because CO2 is heavier than air so it would tend to hang out on the ground.
I'm going to put up an aluminum baffle and also a piece of plexiglass on the front. That way when I hang my big head too far into the hood I'll bonk it! PLEASE keep us posted on how the baffling thing is going for you!!! I feel your pain, sister!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.