View Single Post
Old 2012-08-22, 10:48pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
I do occasionally have to heat my marbles to the point your describing and this was true for the marble pictured since it cracked in the very center while I was working it however I can't say that that's normal. I think the main difference may be how we work it I take a good 15 minutes to get mine drippy where as I imagine you blast your clear when your working with silvers. However I could be totally off base so correct me if I'm wrong.

-Zach
You're right, we pretty much blast them with heat. Once they are encased, it's a quick minute or two to super heat them to a yellow molten and then we pull them out of the flame, cool them and then strike. Double Helix clears are the only clears I've worked with that can withstand that kind of harsh treatment and stay pristine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.