View Single Post
Old 2011-10-14, 8:16am
ninja thread killer

Default FINALLY!!! My shedio :)

My white Saltbox was a long time coming but it's here . It's 12x8 with a high peak so the interior seems larger.

This is the start of the foundation prep. DH dug out the grass and poured a pea gravel foundation surrounded by block. It was easy to do and the pea gravel levels nicely.

Then, the shedio guys came in and built this in a day. The thing is, it wasn't built to our specs. It's a Tuff Shed built on the Pro Ranch base but with a seven foot front wall and a five foot rear wall to make it a Saltbox. We spent quite some time at Tuff Shed going over our Drawings and were assured they could do it. We'd upgraded the shingles but when they put the shingles on, they used brown for the ridge (did they think we wouldn't notice?). The window was in the wrong spot - the door couldn't be fully opened without hitting the window box and covering part of the window. And the edge of the roof was supposed to be boxed all around.

It took a while to work things out with the company but two visits later, all was corrected and I'm happy as a clam now . My dutch door opens so I can keep doggies out, if need be. Now it's a matter of getting the interior set up. Lots of work but that's the fun part!