View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 11:30am

Default Tank placement- if I build a deck

Right now, my tank is on a cement pad level with the ground and my hoses go up and through my porch window. I'm thinking about building a deck about 8' out from the house. This means the tank would sit level with where the top of the current stairs are, which translates into the hoses going from the tank top down to the bottom of the window and down through. (Does that make sense?)

I'm wondering what, if any, safety issues I would have regarding the winding path the hoses would take from tank to torch if I build this deck.

Photos follow:

The hose goes through a black pipe to protect the actual hoses from sunlight. The bucket is weighted with a chain on the back side so the bucket can't fall off. Under the bucket are my gauges and I do have a flash back arrestor on as well. It's inelegant but it does keep the weather off the top of the tank and the gauges. My deck plans include that it is time to build an enclosure for the tank (to keep it out of sight) and I would be sure to have vents at the bottom of the protective "closet" (for lack of better word at the moment) that I would have build for the tank to fit inside of.

Right now, my hose goes in through the bottom of the window. The ventilation goes out the top of the same window. I always always burn off any gas in the hose line after torching. My make up air window is on the opposite side of the porch, air coming in from behind me on the other side of the 8X12-ish room.

Please give me your thoughts.

Sue
and the present is a gift.

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2012-07-04 at 11:33am.