View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 2:26pm

My propane company delivers. I lease my tank so, yes, they're my movers and shakers. (Thank goodness!) There would be a few steps involved... hope they have muscles!

I did figure on footings. I live in Maine... I don't want a tilted deck the first spring following winter! Forgot to mention I had thought of that.

Behind the shovel is just a door that opens to storage under the year round porch. All that is under there is shovels, rakes and such. I'm thinking of having a shed nearby so I can empty that out. I can't get into it as it is cuz they put the tank too close to the house.... do you like the snow shovel? lol... July in Maine and I have a snow shovel leaning against my house! Only in Maine.

The underneath area under the porch does not have an entry into the house. It's insulated on the walls and ceiling part of the storage area but that's only for the porches sake. The porch is a year round porch with heat- and my washer/dryer, not to mention my little studio.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
First, do you have to transport the tank to fill it or does the propane guy come to your house? That will make a difference having to move it up and down the stairs.

If it were me I would fill the entire corner of the house with the deck comming out the 8' mentioned. you will need some footings of some sort so I would pour a small pad near the house corner as it exists now so that after the deck is finished you have a stable concrete pad where the deck meets the house and at ground level to set your tank on.

Also, what is the opening behind the shovel? If it opens into a basement I would look into closing it off as it will be under the deck and mostly inaccessable and it is a potential spot for propane to leak into the basement if your connection leaks.

Just my thoughts on how I would do it. PJH
and the present is a gift.