View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 2:29pm

Very very good point on labeling it. The fire department does know what I do but it wouldn't do to put them in jeopardy if they were ever needed.

I have the Penobscot River behind my house. It's salt water and I have tides so, although it's called a Rver, it is part of the Atlantic Ocean in our Gulf of Maine. I overlook Verona Island. If not for that, the next stop would be England "across the pond."

Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefreak View Post
If you build a protective cover for the tank, please, please label the outside.
As a Fire Dept Captain the first thing I do at a working fire is walk around the structure to identify hazards and possible escape point for the crew I'm about to put inside. I can't identify the danger if it's hidden from view.
Having been at fires where a propane tank exploded, makes me acutely aware of the potential risk.
That being said, i would put the tank ( and it's "closet" lol) on the corner of the deck between the window and the corner of the house. You can get propane gas placards from your gas supplier.The hose winding around is no problem.
It's great to have a place to sit and "chill" after a torch session. Enjoy your deck!
and the present is a gift.