View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 2:44pm

I am new to the site and eight months into learning glassworking (part time). I have been learning on a GTT hand torch (basically Lynx) and plan to get the GTT Mirage one day. For my first torch, I bought a smaller torch, a used Carlisle Hellcat, since a GTT Phantom was out of my budget right now. I am waiting for it to arrive as I type. From what I have read on this site, I should be happy with the Hellcat for any small to medium work I want to do. I am hoping between these 2 torches I should be able to do anything I want with glass, if and when I learn how too. There are so many different things to create, I really like this art form a lot and am very lucky I found a good friend in my teacher as well. I am glad I have taken the time to learn as much as I have about glass, beyond just antique vases and what they are worth. I look forward to what glass has in store for me in the future. Thanks for everyone who posts information here, it was nice to be able to check out all the different opinions and information before I bought a torch.