View Single Post
Old 2015-01-29, 1:16pm
Resident Luny

Default Paragon Kiln I use for Glass, can I put metal in?

A friend who is a knifemaker wants to heat treat steel etc., to use making knives.

My kiln is a digital Paragon GL18, big enough to hold his metals, and the temp gets high enough.

But will heat treating metal mess up the kiln somehow for glass, off gassing or oxidizing or something? I would love to help him, but not at the expense of my kiln being good for glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.