View Single Post
Old 2016-02-01, 10:16am
Bohemian Bead Peddler

I used the etching solution from the craft store for years, then read a warning thread about the solvent here on LE. Last year I bought a small tumbler, and I haven't looked back yet. That being said, I have to agree that even with different grit carrying agents (like tiny plastic pellets and larger ceramic pellets) the grit doesn't get into every nook and crevice. And that is a bummer. There are times when I feel that the liquid etching would work better, BUT the trade off is that the rock tumbler etching is so very much smoother. When I touch one of my tumbled focals it's like rubbing silk. Lovely! If it comes down to it, I'll save the few ones I have that need liquid etching and I'll do them all at once. Outside. Otherwise, as a die-hard liquid etcher for years, I'm very pleased with the tumbler results. If you have a chance, switch! You can buy all the stuff for about $130, which isn't bad, considering our hobby prices (lol).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.