Thread: 104 coe boiling
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-01, 11:04am
Torch junkie

I'm not experienced with the Carlisle CC, so I'm just going by some of the things I have read. But if I understand correctly, the center fire on the CC is a premix flame. I've read both pros and cons about this, but from what I understand, a premix flame isn't really good for soft glass. I know Paul Stankard uses the CC for working soft glass, but he works with extremely tiny flames and he may also have an optimizer hooked up on the CC? I really don't know. I have worked soft glass on a national 3A hand torch, but I had to work way out at the end of the flame, about 12 inches and I had to turn it waaay down. So my guess is that the CC probably isn't the best for soft glass. I'm currently using a Hellcat for when I want to work soft glass and it rocks! But it is also a surface mix torch.
This is just my 2 cents, take it at face value.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."