Thread: DIfferent View
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-05, 3:30pm

Wow! Gr, thanks so much for the inspiration!

Almost 20 years ago I was doing a lot of inline skating (rollerblading) and was even participating in organized inline skate races throughout New England and New York. I had to give all that up due to a new family at the time and developing back woes. While a member of the inline skating club we would participate in the Jimmy Fund Walk (Boston Marathon route except peopple would walk to raise money for the Jimmy Fund). Our role was S.O.S or support on skates. We were the only ones allowed to be on skates for the whole route.

Long story short...each year we would be assigned our "hero" for the team.
We would go into the old FAO Swartz toy store in Boston and there would be a meet and greet with Dana Farber's staff and some patients and their families. Let me tell you, being able to meet our hero up close and in person makes you put things in perspective. I also went into the clinic with a couple other skaters and nurses and could spend time chatting with kids who were healthy enough.... Its an amazing experience to do that.

On a side note, Ginger, I know you received some type of recognition for your BOC conttributions a couple of years ago. Thanks you so much for your dedication! This year is still early so guess what?! Ginger, I'm calling you out
I hereby commit myself to go after and surpass what you did a couple of years ago!! (you never gave me a total quantity).

Duane
PS Please check out my thread, "Another BOC Idea."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.