View Single Post
Old 2006-08-08, 5:42am

Never catch a glass rod between your fingers if it blows up... That was really ugly! I have a nice twisty brand on my web page thing it's the bottom picture on my home page.. www.fireballbeeds.com I was making a twisty and gave it one last torque and the one end blew off and bounce around on my collar bone before it hit the floor!

Actually I rarely wear shoes when I torch I've had to many little hot bits fall under the straps on my sandles....

And here is an all new one I have corplast (white plastic stuff that looks a bit like coragated cardboard) over my windows to diffuse the lite I caught it on fire last friday (took me 5 years...) anyway that stuff burns like those little compressed blocks they used to sell to lite briquettes... lucky me was wearing shoes that day because I had to stomp out the flames! I did salvage the bead but it lost a number of peices as I was trying to put out the flames!

And last but not least pay attention to the stringer that you are feeding onto your bead, fingers don't melt nearly as nicely as the glass!

Lynne