View Single Post
Old 2006-01-25, 2:55am

HI Jason, Sorry I missed this thread earlier....
I was the Tech Support Supervisor for AOL here in Jacksonville, until July 2004 when they outsourced all of email Technical support (and my entire departments' jobs) to Bangalore, India. Really nice when you train your "backup" and they replace you, huh? I sent my 3 best people out there to teach them what we did so we could close our overnight shift, only to be closed out completely!

I was one of the key points in pocessing these "blocked email" issues before they closed us down. Now the process gets routed from India, thru Tucson or Albuquerque (both Call Centers of which I spent time in), then to corporate (if ever) for resolution.

Unfortunately, this type of complaint gets NO response when made by people who host a forum, but DOES get big time attention when hundreds of paying customers threaten to quit. SO the best thing to be done is encourage members to SPAM AOL until they clear up the block.

AOL has always had issues, and now, economic pressures have made the service miserable....

AOL also owns Netscape, but it works better and has WAY fewer problems. IT may be an option for some. I suggest, as you do, that they find another email/pop server and download a dependable Anti virus/Anti spam program to protect themselves so they can get their mail dependably.

BTW about the "feedback loop"... Whitelist apps are for businesses that send out bulk email. I really don't think that is something you should ever "have" to contend with, as most are cleared up by member demand!
Hugs
Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
This seems to have cleared up. The are now accepting our emails as soon as we send them. I still never heard back from them about enrollment in that feedback loop program.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:

Last edited by danelady; 2006-01-25 at 3:00am.