View Single Post
Old 2006-05-20, 11:14am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie L
Thanks Dawn. I wasnt sure if it was true or not. I took some of my sad attempt at Raku but nicely encased beads over to a friend lampworker to see if I could get some much needed Raku help and she said the beads would eventually crack. I had heard that from others aswell....over on the other site. So I wasnt sure.

Thanks for all you Raku knowledge and secrets....hehe....I need to pull out the Raku again - contemplated giving it all away in the make a wish thread some time back. Glad I didnt.....I have all sizes including powder.

What is the best way to use the powder. I know Kaye - Koregon uses powder a lot. Her beads are amazing arent they.
I'm sure that if you use your raku sparingly when you encase them, there should be no problems.

And yes, I adore the way Kaye uses the powder and does the scrollwork on top. Her beads ARE amazing!

Here's one way I used the powder. I wanted to have a "tea stained" looking background for some flowers, so I made a tiny thin barrel of white, rolled it a few times in the raku powder and encased it in clear. Then I put flowers and vines on top. I think it gave them a nice "Country Garden" feel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator