View Single Post
Old 2006-06-02, 8:59pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Selah
THANK YOU for this thread! I actually got my Raku to turn awesome colors! I put one of my brass stamps into a plastic dish that contained ice water. (Making sure the water didn't get into the stamp). Then, when the bead was hot hot hot, I placed it onto the stamp, then back into the flame, then back into the stamp and voila! It actually worked.

You all rock. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!
Woohoo! That's great!
Before I had my new studio I spent a year in my blazing hot garage (some days around 100 degrees) and actually did the ice trick a few times myself. I actually kept an ice cube on my stamp, and just before I would squeeze the bead, I would move the ice and give a quick wipe with a towel.....LOL! Oh, the things we will try to get those great colors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator