View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 10:50pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Since you asked...
I know what the hell I wrote, and since I do know my WTF I'm talking about, I might as well explain it. I do believe I have sufficient knowledge in many types of kilns aka ceramics, copper enameling, glass fusing and annealing equipment:

As far as that's concerned, then maybe a homemade mailbox annealer with an digital pyrometer is not accurate either?? If the temperature reads correctly with the PROPER temperature monitoring probe AND it is ramped down PROPERLY, then it is annealed! It doesn't matter how small the chamber is inside, as long as the few beads you can get in there do not touch the walls!

I know this shit because my father was an artist for a LIVING, a real professional. He worked with copper enameling and ceramics for more than 40 years. Yes, he built his own kilns, for himself and his students. At least a dozen of them that I know of! Some little bitty tiny testers too!

I'm not saying the Devardi piece of equipment is a properly working annealer, because I really don't know. I haven't used one. But a very small sized annealer can work as long as the temps can be controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Maybe they're just secretly hoping you destroy your own market by selling low quality garbage so they can pick up the sales.
So, have you no further explanation for this, since I "asked", hmmm?? Tell me again how I'm trying to get someone else (newbies) to turn out low quality garbage. I hate to say it, but Becky is finding out just how unpleasant it is with certain people in this forum. I hope she ignores it and stays anyway.

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-03-14 at 10:52pm.