View Single Post
Old 2015-07-19, 9:58pm
Phill

I got a 3 foot by 10 sheet of ductwork metal for $18 from my local heating and air conditioning company but that was a good 8 years ago.

Also you can ask them if they have any blowers from replacing furnaces. They will just have to try to get as much as they can for them from the metal recyclers anyway.

I used the blower from my own old furnace when it died on me and they even pulled it out and gave me a diagram of how it was wired up.

You will be surprised at how inexpensively things can be done once you know exactly what you need to make it work for you.

I got my 3 foot by 6 foot vent hood and 12 feet of 10 inch duct work from Craigs List for free when someone was redoing their kitchen and I got all the slate from an old pool table for a fire proof torch bench also from Craigs List and also for free.

I think I spent real money on the lighting, some mounting chains and hooks and on a blast gate that I can close to keep the winter from coming back down my system.

Oh and some folks use aluminum foil on some of the air holes on their hot head to get it go into a very reducing flame to get the colors you are after.