View Single Post
Old 2013-04-24, 7:52am
The Andrea Half

One thing I have not seen on any lampwork tutorial is something that I just saw on a Zentangle pattern book: when I got the PDF, on *every page* there was a small legend with my name listed as purchaser, my email, and the purchase confirmation number. It's easily done by setting up a custom header, although there may be some other step so you avoid having to input the information manually. The book also had the legal rights restriction on EVERY page in the left margin.

I wonder if such a header might not go a long way twoard resolving this sale / resale debate, at least in the short term? Long term the issue will be decided by legal means and library practice as PDF and other e-formats become more popular.

If you're interested, I would contact Linda Farmer (tanglepatterns.com) for more information. The Zentangle folks have done a superb job of controlling and monetizing what is essentially a form of doodling, although their patterns ("tangles") are nice enough (and usually given away for free) that I don't mind supporting the site.

So not a stance either way -- I'm just throwing out another idea that I haven't encountered so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.