View Single Post
Old 2006-01-19, 10:10pm

Way to go ! Juliet , Now Thats what I'm talking about !

Now, let's figure out why your photos have an amber cast ( bias ) in the first place. Like I said before. It might be something as simple as your camera setting. Your light source is Tungsten ( How do I know ? I have seen that color for thirty years ). So make sure you set your camera is set to tungsten light balance ( the light bulb icon ). If thats not the problem, here is what you need to do. Find the balance at the light source. If you have to shoot in Day light balance mode ( the sun icon ) on your camera, But you have tungsten lights. You can put a filter over the lights or the len. The color would be in the blue family.

Over the lens, Kodak makes a filter system for over the lens . They are Wratten gelatin filters or also called Color Compensating filters. The Correction filter you would need is in the 82 family. Filters come in DEGREE's 82 , 82 A , 82 B , 82 C , and 82 D (lighter to darker ).

Now over the lights. Its the same deal. But you will need to filter the lights. Rosco makes filters to balanced the light at the source ( the Lights! ).
there are two kinds... Rosco and Rosco Luxs ( brand name ) . One is made for HOTTER lights. Meaning they won't melt as fast ( and I know how we all love to melt things ).
I can't remember which is which. Or there number.

Over the lights, ( by the way, this is a best way to go. ) But when attaching filters to lights. BE CAREFUL, filters can catch fire. Don't put the filter on too close. Attach it loosely so there is an air space between the light and filter.

Kodak filters.... Pro camera shops.
Rosco light filters..... Pro camera shops, film production supplyers, stage or theatrical supply houses.

By the way Juliet, your new lights, Rock!. There is a nice quality of light in your photographs.

Here is the lession for today. Light's a bitch. It has Four heads..... Contrast, Brightness and Color Balance. The forth ? We'll just say, I saving that for those who understand WAX on WAX off.

Scott

P.S by the way, Way cool beads.... now that I can get a proper look see.

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2006-01-20 at 12:34am.