View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 8:36pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
2 small comments?
I have been trying to tell everyone what the hell etch all really is for the last 2 years. Most of the time the warnings have just been poo-pooed "oh they sell it at Michael's it can't be that bad, it's not like it's HF"...

WELL BULLSHIT IT IS! Maybe this will get the attention of some of those people? Well I doubt it cause they know it all!
seriously, i put "etching" into the search section for safety and came up with 6 threads, of those only two had any kind of warning that it was unsafe but they didnt see it as major - i didnt find any of your comments but thats probably the way i searched

i've searched a bit today out of curiosity and scared myself silly, this stuff is really really dangerous, it should not be used outside of a laboratory controlled environment, all the hazmat sheets i've read so far say that it should only be used in a fume box even at low dilution - the uninformed using it on the kitchen sink with a pair of surgical gloves on are endangering their lives on a level that should be of real concern

i'm going to ask Corri to make this thread a sticky at the top of the Safety section, it shouldnt be hard to find information and warnings on something like this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy