Thread: All glass ring
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-26, 10:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
I really don't mean to be a fear monger or anything, but a few years ago on another forum a woman was telling a story about how she was being sued over one of her glass rings. She sold one to a woman who was wearing it when she had a severe car accident and the ring supposedly broke and cut her finger off. Does anyone remember this story and know the outcome? I think the lawsuit is ridiculous personally, a silver or gold ring could've probably done the same thing if the situation was "right", but people are winning these sorts of lawsuits. I enjoy making rings and would love to sell them, but I'm a little gunshy (which is probably silly, because the chances of something like this happening are pretty slim, but still...). Anyone have any thoughts on this?
These concerns you've stated are always in the back of my mind when I think about making these. I read that many people were too paranoid to wear the glass bracelets, too, so I decided not to make those. I would like to just make rings for myself because they are so pretty, but now that I've read this, I would always worry about something like this happening.

I wonder, though, if someone dropped a bead on the floor and somehow slipped on it and injured themselves, if they would try to sue you for making your beads so round and dangerous!